On Saturday, the Prime Minister announced plans to implement a four-week stay-at-home order starting on Thursday, 5 November 2020, and running until Wednesday, 2 December 2020. Nottingham and Nottinghamshire entered Tier 3 restrictions from the early hours of Friday 30th October.
This second national lockdown is very different for schools/colleges than the first one in March. The Government wants schools, colleges, and universities to stay open. For now, we remain in Tier 3, and schools, colleges, and universities remain open.
From Thursday 5th November, the rules of the stay at home order are expected to allow you to leave your home for work, if you cannot work from home, and education. All schools and college buildings will therefore remain open to students and staff.
Your child/ren should continue to attend Shiefton Supplementary School in line with the timetable and as directed by the Management Committee.
You may be aware, staff and students are allowed to travel into and out of a Tier 3 area, for work, education purposes, registered childcare or youth services, and to meet caring responsibilities.
News of positive cases may be concerning but we have implemented a range of measures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our children and staff. Should you need to remind yourself what these are:
- Wash hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer gel, if soap and water are not available.
- Cover the mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve (not hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash hands afterwards.
- Always wear a mask in communal areas, on public transport and in any circumstance in which a safe distance from others cannot be achieved.
- Keep socially distanced (at least 2m) in/out of classrooms
- Follow the one way in/out a system we have in place
- We will continue to enforce that parents will not be able to stay on the premises unless there is a scheduled parent’s meeting taking place.
- We will continue to sanitize work stations/work areas when room(s) become vacant
Please do adhere to the measures in place and encourage others to do so too.
We have not had any instances of staff or students who have come to Shiefton whilst unwell or thinking they have cold/flu symptoms. As far as we are aware, we have not had anyone who have subsequently tested positive for COVID.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
- A new continuous cough
- A high temperature
- A loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
If you or your child/ren are unwell, you should get tested immediately. If this proves to be positive, then you would need to isolate for 14 days.
We will continue to work together to ensure our students can continue to receive quality teaching and learning experience whilst we are still open.
We ask that you continue to inform us when there has been an outbreak in your child/ren’s class/school bubble. It is through this process that we are able to effectively track and trace cases and take suitable precautionary measures to keep others safe.
We are still awaiting further information and we will update you accordingly. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
2020 has been a really challenging year for all us but we hope you and your families are safe and well.
Thankfully, we are able to run Shiefton for another academic year but with the new guidelines due to Coronavirus.
Both children, parents and staff need to play a part in preventing the virus spreading any further so please adhere to these rules when you and your child/children come to Shiefton.
- Children MUST bring their own pen, paper and all equipment.
- Equipment cannot be shared amongst children.
- Social distancing will be observed at least a distance of 1m or 1.5m.
- A tuck shop will be provided but it will be socially distanced, therefore it is STRONGLY ADVISED for your child to bring their own food.
- Please use the hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the building .
- Follow the entrance and exits when in the building.
- No parents are allowed to wait whilst class is in session, you must drop your child/children and then leave the building. Once the school has finished, you must pick your child/children up and leave the building.
- Constant cleaning measures will be adhered to as well.
PLEASE follow these guidelines above ensuring Shiefton is a safe place for this academic year and preventing the spread of this virus.