Due to another national lockdown, Shiefton is CLOSED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT and will not re-open on the 9th of January 2021. We will be closed at least until February half term and will inform you on when we can next open.
Stay home and stay safe
October 2020 Announcement
On Saturday, the Prime Minister announced plans to implement a four-week stay-at-home order starting on Thursday, 5 November 2020, and running until Wednesday, 2 December 2020. Nottingham and Nottinghamshire entered Tier 3 restrictions from the early hours of Friday 30th October.
This second national lockdown is very different for schools/colleges than the first one in March. The Government wants schools, colleges, and universities to stay open. For now, we remain in Tier 3, and schools, colleges, and universities remain open.
From Thursday 5th November, the rules of the stay at home order are expected to allow you to leave your home for work, if you cannot work from home, and education. All schools and college buildings will therefore remain open to students and staff.
Your child/ren should continue to attend Shiefton Supplementary School in line with the timetable and as directed by the Management Committee.
You may be aware, staff and students are allowed to travel into and out of a Tier 3 area, for work, education purposes, registered childcare or youth services, and to meet caring responsibilities.
We are still awaiting further information and we will update you accordingly. Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
September 2020 Announcement
2020 has been a really challenging year for all of us but we hope you and your families are safe and well.
Thankfully, we are able to run Shiefton for another academic year but with the new guidelines due to Coronavirus.
Both children, parents, and staff need to play a part in preventing the virus from spreading any further so please adhere to these rules when you and your child/children come to Shiefton.
- Children MUST bring their own pen, paper and all equipment.
- Equipment cannot be shared amongst children.
- Social distancing will be observed at least a distance of 1m or 1.5m.
- A tuck shop will be provided but it will be socially distanced, therefore it is STRONGLY ADVISED for your child to bring their own food.
- Please use the hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the building .
- Follow the entrance and exits when in the building.
- No parents are allowed to wait whilst class is in session, you must drop your child/children and then leave the building. Once the school has finished, you must pick your child/children up and leave the building.
- Constant cleaning measures will be adhered to as well.
PLEASE follow these guidelines above ensuring Shiefton is a safe place for this academic year and preventing the spread of this virus.