COVID 19 UPDATE (November 2020)
When the new academic year starts, we will still be observing the government guidance on Coronavirus, please head over to the Covid 19 Update page for further information.
Hello, Shiefton is now on Instagram and Facebook
Please follow and share the pages below;
Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/shiefton/
Hello! I hope everybody is staying safe in these times and settled back into school.
As it is Black History Month, I am recommending some books that you (parents/carers) and your children can read for the rest of the academic year. I myself have personally read these books and cannot recommend enough!
You can buy these books on Amazon, WHS Smith & Waterstones.
- Little Leaders – Bold Women in History by Vashti Harrison (There is a male version too)
- High Rise Mystery by Sharna Jackson
- Look Up by Nathan Byron and Dapo Adeola
- Hair Love by Matthew Cherry and Vashti Harrison
- Young, Gifted and Black by Jamia Wilson and Andrea Pippins
- My Uncle and Me by Ashley Hinds and Khyree Granston
- Riley Can Be Anything by Mrs Davina Hamilton and Ms Elena Reinoso
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Let Me Hear a Rhyme by Tiffany D. Jackson
- Not So Pure and Simple by Lamar Giles
- Calling My Name by Liara Tamani
- Orangeboy by Patrice Lawrence
- The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Noughts and Crosses/Crossfire by Malorie Blackman
- I Am More Than Slavery by Nego True
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
- Rainbow Milk by Paul Mendez
- Slay In Your Lane by Yomi Adegoke and Elizabeth Uviebinene
- Natives by Akala
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith
- The Girl With The Louding Voice by Abi Dare
- Born A Crime by Trevor Noah
Also here is a PDF of more books relating to the Windrush Generation
October 2019 Half Term
Last October half term, we had an October playscheme between the 21st of October till the 1st of November. The kids and staff had a blast and here are some pictures to prove it below;
The Vine Event
On Saturday the 19th of October 2019, we went to the Vine Community Centre to celebrate Black History Month and the Flag Tapestry we made. The kids and staff spoke about the flags that were painted as well as celebrating the Windrush generation, and the greatness of Black History.
It was a great event and we have pictures below;
Celebrate your heritage and culture not just for Black History Month but Every Month!
From 16th December 2017, the Shiefton Supplementary School has relocated to a more comfortable and spacious area.
Our location is :
Forest Fields Community Centre
Nottingham NG7 6HU
However, our phone number remains the same: 0115 9420202.
Our primary email address is also still the same: email@example.com