Opportunity for any 14 – 21-year-olds!
Young people listen up, if you have any writing skills or want to get into writing this could be for you! Check the link below;
DEADLINE IS 12th July 2021!
Hello, Shiefton is now on Instagram and Facebook.
Please follow and share the pages below;
Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/shiefton/
Hello! As it is Black History every month; we are recommending some books that you (parents/carers) and your children can read for the rest of the academic year. We have read some of these books and cannot recommend them enough!
You can buy these books on Amazon, WHS Smith & Waterstones.
- Little Leaders – Bold Women in History by Vashti Harrison (There is a male version too)
- High Rise Mystery by Sharna Jackson
- Look Up by Nathan Byron and Dapo Adeola
- Hair Love by Matthew Cherry and Vashti Harrison
- Young, Gifted and Black by Jamia Wilson and Andrea Pippins
- My Uncle and Me by Ashley Hinds and Khyree Granston
- Riley Can Be Anything by Mrs. Davina Hamilton and Ms. Elena Reinoso
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Let Me Hear a Rhyme by Tiffany D. Jackson
- Not So Pure and Simple by Lamar Giles
- Calling My Name by Liara Tamani
- Orangeboy by Patrice Lawrence
- The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Noughts and Crosses/Crossfire by Malorie Blackman
- I Am More Than Slavery by Nego True
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams
- Rainbow Milk by Paul Mendez
- Slay In Your Lane by Yomi Adegoke and Elizabeth Uviebinene
- Natives by Akala
- White Teeth by Zadie Smith
- The Girl With The Louding Voice by Abi Dare
- Born A Crime by Trevor Noah
Also here is a PDF of more books relating to the Windrush Generation
From 16th December 2017, the Shiefton Supplementary School has relocated to a more comfortable and spacious area.
Our location is :
Forest Fields Community Centre
Nottingham NG7 6HU
However, our phone number remains the same: 0115 9420202.
Our primary email address is also still the same: firstname.lastname@example.org